3352 Ugg Bailey Button Mini Grey Boots

Thursday, October 18, 2012

flip flops are wonderful no matter what brand they are.

My Love Affair with Flip Flops by Morgan Hamilton
Flip flops are the greatest invention ever. At least, in my world they are. There is absolutely nothing more comfortable on my feet than flip flops. I'm not too picky with my flips flops,3352 Ugg Bailey Button Mini Grey Boots. I have every color imaginable and every material ever made. The canvas ones are my absolute favorite and I save the leather dressier ones for out in public. When I was a kid, the only kind of flip flops were the rubber kind that irritated your toes when you wore them. After you had permanent calluses on your toes, then they were comfortable. Finally, some people stepped outside of the box and invented flip flops that made your feet happy. Whoever the people were that finally took that creative step, I owe them a huge thank you. At the moment, I have two pairs of flip flops in my living room. My husband trips over them constantly and always grumbles about it.
Why do I love flip flops so much? Well, that's an easy question to answer. Not only are they easy to slip on and off, but they can allow you to show off whatever new color nail polish you put on your toes. You can get them wet and there's no harm done. Every brand name, generic or well-known, makes them. I have a pair of Sketchers flip flops that I absolutely adore. However, I have purchased some of the most adorable flip flops at Payless Shoes in my years. I could probably purchase 3 pairs of flip flops at Payless for the price of one pair of Sketchers. It just depends on what you're looking for and how much of an emphasis you place on where your shoes come from. To me, flip flops are wonderful no matter what brand they are.
My workplace has a fairly strict dress code. I've tried to test it a few times by wearing outfits or items that aren't acceptable. Technically, we are not supposed to wear flip flops for any reason. I sprained my ankle right after I started working for my company and it was incredibly uncomfortable to wear any type of shoes. My boss gave me permission to wear flip flops until the swelling was more bearable. As much as my ankle and foot were hurting me, I was a bit sad when I had to switch back to regular shoes.
Walk through any department store or shoe store and you'll see tons of sandals. You'll notice that flip flops come in every color and material - which you could easily view in my living room. They vary in price range and are a girl's best friend. Well, at least they're my best friend. Next to chocolate, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment